I offer my families three options of dyslexia services and support:
Option One – includes Formal Dyslexia Screening
- Plus access to the no cost Barton user support group for parents. Support group is lead by Darcy Thompson.
- Option one is for parents who are going to implement Barton themselves.
Option Two – includes Formal Dyslexia Screening plus Tutoring
As part of the services offered through TRC, you may elect to begin the tutoring program, if room available, with the completed formal screening that was conducted by Darcy Thompson. If no room is immediately available, Darcy Thompson will provide the names of other certified dyslexia specialists. If this option is selected, Darcy Thompson will not be available to:
- Attend any school meetings.
- Receive and send emails or phone calls from the school.
- In order to participate and team with you and the school it is necessary to conduct my own comprehensive dyslexia assessment.
Option Three – includes Comprehensive Dyslexia Evaluation plus Tutoring
As part of the services offered through TRC, you may elect to begin the program with a comprehensive dyslexia assessment. This comprehensive assessment will provide the following:
- A definitive identification of dyslexia used by schools and The International Dyslexia Association.
- The ability to use the report at your child’s school for the possible provision of dyslexia focused, individualized accommodations.
- The attendance of Darcy Thompson at school based meetings: student study team meetings, and 504 meetings. The meetings must occur before 9am to guarantee my attendance.
- The evaluation can be scheduled on consecutive Friday mornings during my assessment block, total time needed will be 6 hours with student. Total cost will be 400.00 IF student becomes a tutoring student. Total normal cost of comprehensive Dyslexia Evaluation is 500.00.
My unique education and experience will allow me to offer you complete services that set me apart from other reading tutors.
I have 32 years of experience as a special education specialist in the public school system. In addition to assessing, developing and facilitating both 504 plans and IEP’s for students with dyslexia. I was the lead specialist to bring dyslexia awareness to my public school district. I began identifying dyslexia on IEPs and 504 plans in 2010.
I was the specialist who brought Aimsweb, dyslexia screening and approved Orton Gillingham reading approaches to our school. We adopted Barton, LIPS, Seeing Stars, and Visualizing/Verbalizing interventions. We established a means of early identification to provide students with dyslexia the appropriate reading intervention beginning in kindergarten.
I want to offer all levels of support for families seeking services for their child with dyslexia. One of the above options will suit your unique family needs, and I look forward to working with you to ensure your child’s reading needs are met!